Network Engineering Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Road to Success Starts Here!
The Automobile Club of Southern California is seeking career-minded individuals for our Network Engineer opportunity in Coppell, TX. Responsible for the design, configuration, implementation, and support for the LAN, WAN and VoIP infrastructure. Participate in the definition and design of all aspects of networking such as switching, routing, load balancing, and firewall administration. Must have strong engineering and implementation skills especially around the Cisco (switches/routers), Extreme (switches), F5 (load balancers), Riverbed (WAN Accelerators), and Avaya platforms and all its components. Support the conversion of a traditional and split data and voice network into a converged MPLS, QOS, and VoIP trunking technology. Develop and implement technical operational procedures, standards, and templates with any existing and new technology. Must have strong experience in network voice and data; access, performance, scalability, security, reliability, and fault tolerance. Provides counsel and leadership in future use of technology and business process improvements. As required, provides regular on-call support of the Network environment in various sites such as; headquarters, call centers, and branches. Analyzes problems and manages solutions during testing and post-implementation.
Successful candidates have the following qualifications:
- Four year college degree in Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years experience with the following is highly required: LAN/WAN; TCP/IP, OSPF, BGP, EIGRP, SIP, MPLS, carrier troubleshooting, VoIP, Voice QOS/COS technologies.
- Must be strong in Multi-Layer Cisco/Extreme switching and Cisco/Extreme routing, Load Balancing methodology, Firewall (Checkpoint and ASA), WAN optimization/compression, and wireless.
- Must understand technical problems and solutions in relation to current as well as future business environments.
- Strong aptitude and ability to pick up new technologies.
- Must be proficient in Network/Protocol Traffic Analysis instruments such as Sniffer technology.
- Working knowledge of current networking/telecommunication platforms and technologies.
- Proven interpersonal and leadership skills working in a team environment, creating a motivation for high achievement.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills to communicate effectively with peer teams and management.
- Must have extensive experience with Microsoft Office suite of tools (including MS Project, Visio, and Share Point).
- Preferred certifications for any or all of the following: Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified Voice Professional (CCVP), Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP).
- The ideal candidate must be able to work under tight deadlines and work with limited or no supervision as this position is at a remote data center in Texas.
- Must have strong engineering and implementation skills especially around various platforms.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE