Senior SAP HCM Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
At American National we put our core values of financial strength, integrity, respect, service and teamwork at the heart of everything we do. If you share these values and would like to grow your career at a strong, respected company, here's an opportunity for you.
The SAP HCM Functional Analyst is responsible for system design, configuration, and delivery of IT solutions in the area of SAP Human Capital Management, including ongoing production support.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Interface closely with customers to gather functional requirements for new enhancements or projects.
- Prepare detailed functional specifications and work closely with ABAP developers to define effective solution design for SAP Human Capital Management.
- Implement, test and validate configuration changes for SAP Human Capital Management in accordance with business requirements and the company's IT guidelines.
- Create and execute integration and regression test scripts. Coordinate User Acceptance Testing with business users.
- Provide production support for SAP Human Capital Management and its integration points with ESS/MSS, Kronos, SuccessFactors and other SAP modules and ensure business processes are maintained in a non-disruptive manner.
- Prepare application support documentation.
Education and Technical Requirements:
- IT related Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- Good understanding of Human resources, payroll and benefits business processes
- 5+ years of experience in Systems Development and/or Applications Support which includes experience in Analysis, Design, Configuration/Programming, Support and/or Maintenance is required.
- 7+ years SAP configuration experience primarily in the HCM module with focus on Payroll configuration and schema development.
- Knowledge of OM/PA and Benefits configuration is preferred.
- Experience working with the business in documenting requirements and translating to system design and competencies in process and application design.
- Experience of the integration points across SAP modules.
- Experience with SAP workflow, SuccessFactors, Kronos Absence Management or Kronos Time and Attendance would be a plus.
Required Behavioral Attributes:
- Effective interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills are essential.
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to express complex technical concepts in terms that are understandable to the business.
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to interface effectively with people at all levels of the organization.
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate with minimal supervision
- Candidates should possess the proven ability to achieve objectives through interpersonal relationships
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.