Mail and Print Operator II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
At American National we put our core values of financial strength, integrity, respect, service and teamwork at the heart of everything we do. If you share these values and would like to grow your career at a strong, respected company, here's an opportunity for you.
Duties can include part or all of the following:
- Respond to console messages, deciding who to contact concerning program errors, or what to do if the system fails.
- Contact with main system in Enterprise computer operations to ensure ANPAC production prints are run in a timely manner.
- Monitor assigned hardware for equipment malfunctions. Correct these errors by cleaning equipment or by calling appropriate vendor maintenance personnel.
- Restart properly any job that terminates abnormally for a hardware related reason.
- Good analytical skills. Must be able to analyze discrepancies in individual production runs and resolve and correct the problem. This involves the operating systems of the mail insertion machines as well as the batch counts on the header sheets received with the job from the print operations.
- Must be able to discern problems and make adjustments to the mail insertion equipment. This involves trial and error adjustments to the equipment in-order to correct the machine problem or place a service call to the Vendor and help the service technician upon arrival in-order to get the equipment running as quickly as possible.
- Mechanical skills in resolving machine malfunctions. The folder/inserter is very complicated with adjustments, gears, belts, chains, scanners, cameras, and computer operating systems. This equipment can fall from adjustment and must be recognized and corrected if the inserter is to work properly.
- The operator must be sensitive to the stock paper and envelopes used with the machines and bring to the attention of management any time a particular material is causing a problem.
- Understand and handle properly the envelopes that exceed the machine's ability to stuff. These are routed to a special place and must be handled by hand.
- The operator must thoroughly understand the jobs and the most efficient way to run them since problems in the Print or Mail area can cause an adjustment to the normal run schedule.
- The operator must determine and advise management of the most efficient way to accomplish special mailings.
- High School graduate
- Technical school for equipment operation preferred.
- Prior experience operating mail process machine or large printer(s) required.
- Must be able to operate paper folder, paper jogger, or computer terminal.
- Ability to lift packages up to 40 pounds
- Required to Work third shift as assigned or scheduled
- Basic math skills
- Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Adobe Reader
- Able to demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Commercial drivers licensed preferred
- Mechanical aptitude/skills preferred.
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.