Technology Leadership Development Program
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities.
Good hands, solving for great.
At Allstate, we strive to make communities stronger, lives safer, and futures brighter--with people and technology at the center of it all. That's why we are dedicated to those who are beginning their careers and passionate about people leadership and advancing technology at Allstate.
Join a group of intellectually curious STEM professionals elevating Allstate's customer experience and disrupting an industry. You'll have the mentors and career support to empower you to make an impact and lead change.
The Program: Defined.
The Allstate Technology Leadership Development Program (TLDP) is designed to build versatile leaders by providing cross-functional experience through three rotations in different areas of the organization. Two rotations take place in Allstate Technology and Strategic Ventures and one rotation aligns to a specific business area outside of ATSV (Claims, Sales, Marketing, Product Operations, etc). This approach not only exposes participants to our technology operations but also builds business acumen and leadership experience – knowledge that is imperative for successful leadership at Allstate.
TLDP participants get involved in meaningful, high-exposure assignments during their rotations. Current and previous assignment examples include:
- Developing architecture and infrastructure to support digital transformation
- Building innovative self-service solutions that maximize the customer experience
- Partnering with business teams to develop and deploy transformative technology solutions to provide the best products and services to Allstate customers
- Working on new and emerging technologies that are shaping the future including, Extreme Programming, Rapid Product Prototyping, Scrum, Data Analytics, and Machine learning
- Solving complex business and technology problems by providing simple, creative, innovative and cost effective solutions
- Leading projects or managing teams
The Opportunity: Unlike Any Other.
By seeing the organization from three perspectives, TLDP participants build stronger networks and have a better understanding of how the company functions as a whole. This program sets participants up for success by giving them this rare experience to help accelerate their career at Allstate.
Participants will have the opportunity to jump-start their career through the following opportunities:
- Three 1-year structured rotations in different areas of the business (two rotations in technology, one rotation outside of technology)
- Assignments that involve people management, financial management, project management, client-facing work, operations, strategy, change management, and technical skill development
- A week-long orientation to introduce the program and allow participants to connect with each other before beginning their rotations
- Two formal learning conferences each year with experiential learning opportunities and exposure to key leaders
- Formal mentoring relationships with experienced Allstate Leaders as well as a peer mentor during the program
- Opportunities to get to know our nonprofit partners and to volunteer within and outside of Allstate
The Participants: Best of the Best.
Our TLDP participants are naturals when it comes to leadership. They have an innate ability to engage and motivate others, the desire to continuously learn and share ideas, and a fiery passion for personal development.
Here are a few of our program requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics and/or Management Information Systems
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5
- Leadership experience through extra-curricular activities, community involvement, or in the workplace
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
- A willingness to relocate for one of the three rotational assignments
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
These are the traits we value most in our TLDP participants:
- Have a growth and development focused mindset
- A fresh perspective and out of the box thinking
- Ability to identify issues, risks and opportunities
- Willingness to do things differently and challenge the status quo
- Desire to grow through challenging work
- Passion for leadership or leading others
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
The Details: When, Where, How
- The program begins July 2017
- Participants are offered a highly competitive starting salary
- Locations may include: Chicago, Charlotte, Dallas, and Northbrook, IL. Each participant will also have a rotation in one of our regional offices (many across the country)
Questions? Email us at email@example.com
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.