Internship - Application Developer (Northbrook,IL or Chicago,IL)
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Internship - Application Developer (Northbrook,IL)
Target Start Date: May/June 2017
Join our award-winning team!
Diversity, balance, innovation and providing an environment where employees can thrive. These are all core values at Allstate, and we have the awards to prove it:
- Best Places to Work for Recent Grads 2013 – ConnectEDU
- Top 100 Best Places to Work in IT 2012– Computerworld magazine
- #8 on InformationWeek 250 Most Innovative Users of Business Technology 2012 – Information Week
As an Application Developer you will take strategic technical ideas and plans and build applications that support the company's infrastructure. Typically, your time is divided between coding, and development of critical customer applications and participation in peer reviews.
- Code, test, and document changes for new functionality and enhancements
- Learn and understand how existing and new applications function
- Participate in peer reviews
- Interact with project managers and attend project meetings
- Create test cases and policies prior to application rollouts
- Take strategic ideas and help design ways to implement them
- Pursuing Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Sophomore or Junior sanding
- Experience in one or more of the following: C#, VB.NET, SQL, HTML5, MVC, Java, Data Analytics, etc.
- Good technical skills
- Strong Analytical, Communication, Collaboration, Problem Solving and Thinking Skills
- Experience with high level object oriented programming
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.