- Career Level
- Not Specified
CSE's Actuarial Director will maintain insurance pricing through management and execution of the rate change schedule. Will be responsible for the accuracy of rating plans; will develop new and improve existing rating algorithms for personal lines auto, property and small commercial lines. Includes analysis, development, implementation, and monitoring of state and product level strategies to achieve profitable growth.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs all the technical functions required in Actuarial Pricing, including but not limited to rate analysis, filings with the Department of Insurance, etc.
- Works closely with Product Management in implementation of rate revisions and recommendations using internal data, competitive data, and external data. Ensures deadlines are met, changes are accurate, and appropriate regulatory approval is obtained.
- Generates pricing metrics for profitability management, benchmark analytics and modeling.
- Responsible for determining the relationship of price to risk. Determines factors, formulas, and characteristics of risks as they relate to the policy premium. Develops technical segmentation of loss propensity.
- Responsibility for information analysis, interpretation and reporting necessary to support contracting initiatives and decisions. This includes statistical analyses and modeling that estimate impacts of proposed product, benefit and/or changes including business practice and business system modifications.
- Orchestrates collaboration with internal stakeholders including Underwriting, IT, sales, marketing and underwriting on pricing changes.
- Leads all aspects of pricing, including new product pricing, renewals and regulatory filings, compliance, forecasting, and monitoring results of changes.
- Communicates indications and proposed changes clearly and succinctly. Presents results to executive stakeholders with professional visual analysis and summaries. Leader of Pricing Committee.
- Mentors actuarial candidates, and helps plan their career development.
- Responsible for strategic direction of the Actuarial Pricing unit.
- Educates company leadership on analytics usage and implementation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIORS
- Broad understanding of the preferred lines of business including rate indications, pricing, and coverage. This includes an understanding of geographic and regulatory issues and concerns.
- Ability to perform actuarial analysis to develop rate levels, algorithms, pricing strategies and changes.
- Data-driven decision maker, able to complete thorough research and investigation, yet make timely decisions.
- Excellent negotiation, analytical and organizational skills with the ability to balance the strategic and the tactical.
- Excellent keyboard, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to make presentations to all levels of management and staff using Microsoft PowerPoint or other presentation software. Balances listening and talking, speaking and writing clearly and accurately, influencing others and keeping others informed.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Familiarity with rating and database systems (SAS, Emblem).
- Ability to work effectively as independent contributor and to collaborate and influence in a team-based environment.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Achieves a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes, honoring company policies and regulatory compliance.
- Is receptive to feedback and willing to learn, embracing continuous improvement.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule and occasional overtime when needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS OR LICENSES
- Bachelor's Degree required in a quantitative discipline (math, statistics, economics, etc.).
- Associateship in the Casualty Actuarial Society.
- A minimum of 10+ years of actuarial experience within the Property & Casualty insurance industry.
We provide a competitive benefits package (to include profit sharing and 401K match), complemented by work-life balance programs to support our employees.
Who We Are
A community of good people define our company
CSE Insurance Group is a local company. Our community is your community. Being good people defines us and the agents that represent our products.
What We Do
Protect with well-made insurance, delight with exception service
Our customers deserve exceptional service and well made, high-quality insurance at a reasonable cost. They should feel positive about the protection CSE insurance provides.
How We Think
Create confidence in our customer's mind everyday
Every time we connect with you is an opportunity to express our purpose — to exemplify the integrity we demand of ourselves and our compan