CompoZed Labs Product Manager
5 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
As a CompoZed Labs Product Manager, you will guide a team that is charged with a product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the unit. You will build products from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. A product manager's key role is strategic, not tactical. The other organizations will support your strategic efforts; you won't be supporting their tactical tasks. You will be accountable for ensuring that the right product is defined, prioritized, and built.
- Work closely with CompoZed Labs clients and business stakeholders to understand their product vision, and break it down into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
- Develop a product vision by engaging with internal stakeholders, customers, and the broader community, then break that vision down into an actionable backlog of user stories for the development team
- Work hands-on with the development team to prioritize, plan, and deliver software that meets client requirements
- Help clients understand our iterative development approach and focus on delivering a Minimum Viable Product through careful and deliberate prioritization
- Work with design resources to ensure timely delivery of designs and assets to the development team
- Mentor and train other product managers to help them learn agile/extreme programming methods and build skills
- Help innovate and iterate on agile product management processes and share our learnings
- Skilled at defining and prioritizing product features
- Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to teach others
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and navigate complex decision making
- Ability to collaborate well with engineers, designers, and clients
- Previous success working with an agile development team
- Background in design or software development a plus
- 5+ years of product management experience, especially with web-based products
- Experience with Pivotal Tracker
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.