E-Discovery Paralegal-Sr Specialist
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
This position is part of the Response Management Unit, which is the discovery support unit, of the Dispute Resolution Services practice group within the Law and Regulation Department. This position will act as an internal consultant and provide hands-on, high level leadership, consulting and support to attorneys and legal staff in the development, implementation and support of efficient, cost-effective discovery processes. Among other responsibilities, this high level Paralegal will advise and consult with legal teams to identify and implement best practices and procedures for the identification, preservation, collection, analysis, processing, review, and production of paper and electronic discovery materials. The Paralegal will serve as a liaison, coordinator and consultant between the legal team, IT personnel, vendors and records management personnel.
• Quick learner, self-starter, and works well in a team environment
• In-depth understanding and experience with the litigation lifecycle, litigation technology, and electronic discovery
• Expertise in Relativity
• Proficient in specific discovery tasks such as drafting litigation holds, devising search terms, technology assisted review, and establishing document review protocols
• Strong organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Oral and written communication skills
• Ability to prioritize work and organize own time
• Ability to handle multiple simultaneous projects with consistently high quality results
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Ability to identify and recommend opportunities for process improvements
• Ability to train and lead work processes
• Ability to handle sensitive information requiring the use of tact and judgment
• Four year degree AND ABA approved Paralegal Certificate
• Possesses 2-5 years related work experience
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.