Allstate Benefits-Underwriting-Cons I
6 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
The underwriting department is responsible for providing effective risk management in support of our corporate goals and current risk tolerance. This includes applying account level underwriting (Industry, persistency, claims, etc) and individual application level underwriting (health history, product pricing, compliance standards, etc).
Reviews and analyzes applications for the degree of risk posed to the company by applicants for both individual and group coverage. Determines eligibility based on information provided on the application, product, state or filing restrictions, Medical Information Bureau reports, and any other information provided to determine if the profile meets within the company's established guidelines. Manage risk assessment of specialty products/projects as assigned.
- Reviews applications for eligibility based on admitted health history, product, state or filing restrictions, MIB and any other source of information provided for review to include life face amounts
- Review referred files from the claims area where information has been developed that was not disclosed on the original application
- Reviews requests for policy changes and reinstatements to determine eligibility
- Maintain positive relationships with our internal and external customers through effective Written and Verbal Communication skills, including agents, proposed insureds, and State Departments of Insurance.
- Risk Selection decisions are handled in a quality, timely, and productive manner.
- Process/underwrite specialty products, projects as assigned (i.e. Good For Life, DI6, etc)
- Proficiency in medical terminology and procedures as they relate to the evaluation of the risk being considered
- 4 years underwriting experience in Life and health
- College degree preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to details
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.