6 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Build your career. It's all right here.
We are a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life. Employees can be a force for good only when they are working at the top of their ability, learning new skills and challenging themselves with new responsibilities. Allstate's Enterprise Talent Market was developed with that in mind, to help you reach your full potential.
The underwriting department is responsible for providing effective risk management in support of our corporate goals and current risk tolerance. This includes applying account level underwriting (Industry, persistency, claims, etc) and individual application level underwriting (health history, product pricing, compliance standards, etc).
Conduct risk assessment for case level underwriting offers, communicates decisions and ensures systems reflect appropriate action. Ensure decision provided falls within the company's established guidelines and current risk tolerance. Manage risk assessment of specialty products, complete audits, provide training, assist with creation of agent/product materials, etc. as needed.
- Has authority to review applications for eligibility based on admitted health history, product, state or filing restrictions, MIB and any other source of information provided for review. Increased authority for Life face amounts >$250,000.
- Review referred files from the claims area where information has been developed that was not disclosed on the original application
- Reviews requests for policy changes and reinstatements to determine eligibility
- Maintain positive relationships with our internal and external customers through effective Written and Verbal Communication skills, including agents, proposed insureds, and State Departments of Insurance.
- Risk Selection decisions are handled in a quality, timely, and productive manner.
- Process/underwrite specialty products, projects as assigned.
- Complete audits as required.
- Provide training both internally and externally, explaining products, compliance and state requirements to agents and field representatives
- Assist with creation of agent/product materials for product/guidelines communication
- Serves as the subject matter expert for lower level underwriters
- Reviews appeals made by proposed insureds of decisions made by lower level underwriters
- Proficiency in medical terminology and procedures as they relate to the evaluation of the risk being considered
- Advanced understanding of underwriting principles
- 6 years underwriting experience in Life and health, specifically the payroll deduction specialty market-place, or 5 years of underwriting experience with Allstate Benefits in particular
- College degree required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Ability to establish priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.