Senior Communications Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Product Operations Communication Senior Consultant works across all areas within Product Operations to develop and deliver proactive, innovative communication solutions while executing the Product Operations communication plan. The Communication Senior Consultant prioritizes and implements effective and efficient communication tools, channels, and vehicles to instill in Product Operations' employees a clear understanding of the business strategy, priorities, key initiatives, goals, and important messages that drive results and engagement.
Business Communication Support/Management
- Apply knowledge of Product Operations business strategies/goals and progress reports (business/financial results) in creation of tailored messaging for multiple audiences
- Apply understanding of the Product Operations' culture and viewpoints of the general employee population to anticipate employee communication needs and receptivity to messages
- Provide insights and contribute to the communication strategy and plan
- Execute the Product Operations strategic communication plan and communication themes
- Provide communication consulting on an as needed basis
- Solicit feedback and establish communication measurements to assess overall effectiveness, drive desired outcomes and implement improvements
- Identify opportunities and implement communication improvements in order to deliver a better final product and meet the needs of our internal employees and leaders
- Actively participate with a network of communication experts and partners with Corporate Relations to facilitate sharing of best practices, calendars and opportunities to align messages in order to deliver toward the right environment
Meetings, Written Communication, and Product Operations Website
- Identify and generate topic ideas on content and internal marketing material for various communication vehicles and audiences
- Convert Product Operations strategy, products and general interest stories into simple and compelling information for internal audiences; with a business-orientated but conversational tone, linked with business objectives, tailored for various audiences, sequenced, integrated, timely and clear
- Collect, edit, prepare and publish various business unit communications, presentations, speaking points, outlines, and strategic communications for multiple audiences (employee, leaders, etc.) to keep employees informed and support leaders in cascading information
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure that content meets the needs of the business
- Contribute to the planning and execute Product Operations meetings and events (e.g. Business Forums, Employee Communication Meetings, Leadership Meetings, EVP Small Group Meetings, conferences, etc.), including identifying topics, establishing content, securing speakers, coordinating schedules, and partner with audio/visual resources across Allstate to ensure meeting logistics are sound and cost effective
- Deliver timely and relevant written communication across Product Operations and associated business partners (e.g. Product newsletter, Employee Announcements, Messages from Leaders, memos from Product Operations' EVP)
- Contribute to the strategy, content, design, governance, and alignment with corporate strategy/standards in maintaining and updating the Product Operations-related web content
- Write, edit, and publish Product Operations intranet site content utilizing headlines/page titles with Search Engine Optimized text; manage content review and refresh, monitor measurements and recommend actions that drive desired outcomes
- Secure approval for messages/content, including Legal review when needed.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Business or related field; or equivalent experience
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in communications and content development; prior experience in insurance industry preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Strong relationship building and collaboration skills
- Instill trust – ability to handle and maintain sensitive/confidential information
- Ability to adapt to change
- Ability to establish a broad network across the organization to support communications
- Ability to apply creativity and innovation to refresh and refine communications to drive readership and employee engagement
- Ability to develop a broad understanding of the insurance industry to apply to communications
- Consultative and coaching skills to share expertise with others
- Continually seeks opportunities for learning and development within their respective discipline(s)
- Internet/Intranet design/content development (Team Site, Site Catalyst, Sharepoint)
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Publisher)
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.