Data Governance Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Data and Analytics Strategy team works across the Enterprise to manage the strategy, integration and governance of data at Allstate. Supporting Allstate's Chief Data Officer, we provide the strategy for Allstate's data and analytics capabilities. Data & Analytics are increasingly important across industries – be a part of Allstate's ongoing transformation into a data-driven, customer-centric organization.
This role will promote collaboration between business AOR's and technology and advancing decision making across the company in alignment with the Enterprise Data Strategy. The Data & Analytics Strategy Data Governance Manager is responsible for managing and advancing the overall goals of the Data Governance team. They are a key leader on a diverse team to support and drive the goals of the enterprise data and analytics strategy.
The Data Governance Manager will be responsible for leading and executing Data Governance activities in partnership with business and technology stakeholders. They will be part of the Data Governance leadership team reporting up through Allstate's Chief Data Officer. This work will be prioritized by the Data Governance team and supported by the Enterprise Data Strategy. The Data Governance manager will leverage the processes and tools in place and will be supported by the Enterprise Data Management team within the technology organization. This role will manage, prioritize, and execute Data Governance processes. In addition, this individual will facilitate collaborative Data Governance assessment review workshops, which are workshops designed for stakeholders to contribute views and perspectives on the governance of the data.
The Data Governance Manager will oversee and manage the Enterprise Data Governance work stream in an effort to improve the understanding and reliability of Allstate's data
- Drives communication throughout the enterprise to elevate the organizations' commitment to governed data
- Provides direction and guidance to program resources (budgeting, staffing, etc.) contributing to program execution
- Works closely with leadership to set the Data Governance strategy and define success criteria for enterprise-wide Data Governance initiatives
- Responsible for directing the work that needs to be performed by a team(s) and/or their direct reports
- Manages & leads integrated, multi-track projects and/or programs in developing high quality deliverables, performance expectations, risk mitigation, and process development
- Translate technical concepts to business implications/capabilities to drive alignment and decision making
- Leading and coordinating Data Governance Assessments
- Facilitating Data Governance Work Sessions and the capture, documentation and validation of Data Governance business requirements
- Management of resources with technology partners to execute the Data Governance process
- Management and communication of governance metrics, observations and outcomes to both leadership and core team members
- Management of presentation of Data Governance outputs
- Partnering with data stewards, custodians, and data owners on the prioritization of Data Governance projects
- Leverage tools, data analysis techniques and industry best practices.
- Ability to work with broad parameters in complex situations
- Broad understanding of enterprise business units
- Advanced oral and written communication and collaboration skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical abilities
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage, coach, and develop others
- Experience of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Decision making capabilities including problem solving approaches, decision frameworks; ability to design and lead complex analysis
- Expert ability to persuasively advocate a position and build momentum for change and action
- Advanced ability to manage multiple priorities given aggressive timelines; comfortable performing in a fast paced, dynamic and ambiguous business environment
- Ability to inspire trust and influence management
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Expert Microsoft Office skills
- 7+ years of experience in a data and/or quality-related function
- Undergraduate degree/MBA in Business, Finance (or related field) or relevant experience preferred
- Ability to apply Data Governance principles
- Strong experience (5 years) with Data Governance initiatives (business and technical metadata and data quality).
- Financial Services industry experience preferred, but not required
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Ability to lead collaborative meetings which result in clear documented outcomes, a concrete understanding of meeting attendee performance/reliability, and ongoing management & follow-up for action items
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.