Entry Level Field Property Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Entry Level Large Loss Contents Field Property Adjuster in White Plains, NY!! CLK789
Begin a challenging and rewarding career in claims! Advance your career and make a difference in people's lives!
Our customers need us the most when they have damage due to fire, wind, water, or after a disaster strikes! As an Allstate Large Loss Contents Property Field Adjuster, you will play a vital role to ensure we deliver on our promise. This job is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling basic claims involving the contents of a homeowner loss such as fire, water, or theft. The individual handles claims that typically require alternative housing during the restoration of the property. The individual travels to the loss site to conduct a thorough analysis. You will evaluate content damage, determine loss coverage and authorize payments. You will be expected to deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing workload.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Flexibility to travel.
- Physical ability to lift content items.
- Investigate, evaluate, and negotiate personal property claims in order to reach a fair and equitable settlement.
- Act as a customer advocate by establishing and maintaining a strong personal rapport with our customers.
- Provide support to local Allstate offices to expedite the claims process.
- Follow established procedures to ensure a positive customer experience and satisfy defined business objectives.
- Achieve cost management objectives through expert execution and compliance processes.
This is your chance to use your compassion and intellect to help make a meaningful difference in people's lives. Join the thousands of people who work in the claims industry, managing a vast amount of wealth across the nation. It is highly stimulating work that will require you to assimilate data, evaluate facts and negotiate solutions to complex problems. Every day presents different learning and growth opportunities. You will be exposed to a variety of specialized industries, including legal, medical and construction, as well as advanced computer and IT systems. In the process, you will gain a broad range of professional skills that will be equally applicable and highly valuable no matter where your career takes you.
Start your career in a stable industry that offers nationwide opportunities for advancement. Becoming an Allstate Large Loss Contents Property Claims Service Adjuster is just the beginning!
- Four year college degree preferred
- Proven record of outstanding customer service delivery
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and seek training necessary to excel
- Ability to apply classroom concepts in a real-world working environment
- Proven ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Proven record for maintaining the highest level of personal and professional integrity
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Beginning to apply knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Beginning to apply knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Beginning to apply industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.