Group Premium Admin-Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Allstate Benefits is one of America's leading voluntary, supplemental benefit providers. Founded in 1956 as American Heritage Life Insurance Company and acquired by The Allstate Corporation in 1999, we have the strength of a nationally recognized and trusted brand behind our comprehensive and competitive product portfolio. Our Critical Illness, Accident, Cancer and Universal Life products are ranked #1 in the industry for Worksite Sales by LIMRA, plus we also offer disability income, hospital indemnity, vision and dental insurance. All products are underwritten by American Heritage Life Insurance Company, a subsidiary of The Allstate Corporation. Our home office is located in Jacksonville, Florida. More than 31,000 companies across the U.S. choose to put our products to work for them, protecting their most valuable asset – their employees.
Group Premium Administration handles all aspects of billing, payments, commissions, and customer support for employees, employers, agents, and the field force for group products. Also builds and maintains relationship with Partner companies.
This position handles the more complex groups (special handling) and processes pertaining to Group Premium Administration including multiple system billing.
- Customer Service and handling of complex issues and escalated calls
- Build and maintaining relationships with Vendors, agents, and/or Employer groups by communicating premium discrepancies, billing questions, refunds and missing information
- Researches & responds to questions from/about employees regarding outstanding balances, payments, discrepancies and delinquent accounts
- Preparation of premium audits and month end reports
- Reporting for identification and system corrections for out of balance processes
- System testing and process improvement enhancements including the implementation of combined billing
- Train new employees and cross train existing employees on new processes
- Handle large groups including calculation of missed premium for individual billing, suspense reconciliation, payment processing & billing
- Primary Subject Matter Expert for Combined billing for EasyBill online for Group & Life 70 products
- Review and balances semi-monthly commission cycles
- Process credit card payments
- Maintain master payment files
- Continuously build skills and knowledge by receiving coaching and feedback and participate in ongoing training
- Setup and handle all webinars for EasyBill online and Combined Billing accounts
- Delinquent premium preparation and collections for large group and online accounts
- 5 years experience in an accounting or analytical role
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience, including experience with v lookups and pivot tables.
- Experience in the financial services industry preferred
- Ability to work in several different systems
- Must have good oral and written communications
- Ability to multi-task and maintain attention to detail
- Professionalism, positive attitude, and the ability to work well within a team
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
Allstate is where good people can build a rewarding career and we provide the resources you need to succeed, both personally and professionally. Our culture and employee programs have also drawn praise from outside organizations like Working Mother magazine, LATINA Style and Black Enterprise. Learn more about the resources, benefits, and programs Allstate has to offer you under the MyWorkLife tab on MyDesktop.
Hear what other Allstaters think. Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Please note, to be fully considered for this opportunity you must attach an updated resume to your profile when you apply, and if applicable, include:
- Your updated Allstate position(s) and titles, specific experiences and skills developed
- Committee/subgroup work
- Talent Share opportunities
- Completed programs/coursework
Visit "Managing Your Career" located under MyWorkLife (via MyDesktop) to further enhance your career profile and development goals.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.