Experienced Auto Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance has an exciting new opportunity for an inside Experienced Auto Adjuster in Irving, TX!
Under limited supervision, this job is responsible for providing a superior level of customer service and attention to customers who have a vehicle that needs repair. The individual inspects damage to a vehicle via submitted photos (which may include automobiles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles and recreational vehicles), writes damage repair estimates, negotiates moderately complex and occasionally complex settlements with repair facilities, and estimates repair times for rental/loss of use. This individual is also responsible for explaining coverage, estimates, claims, settlement, and rental processes to agents and/or customers. The individual delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Researches and responds to moderately complex and occasionally complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; works independently to create personal action plans
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Investigates moderately complex or occasionally complex files, reviews damage utilizing photos, and determines reparability or total loss
- Prepares damage estimates for moderately complex or occasionally complex claims
- Prepares, reviews, reconciles and/or approves supplements
- Evaluates diminished value in a moderately complex or occasionally complex claim
Claim Payment Processes - Issuance and Authority
- Processes claims payments
- Initiates system generated checks and pays appropriate parties
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles moderately complex and occasionally complex claims in accordance with business unit best practices
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred
- 10+ years of auto damage estimating experience is required
- Knowledge of estimating platforms, such as CCC1 is required
- Prior experience as an adjuster/estimator from an insurance carrier or a body shop is a must
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies general and occasionally broad knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies general and occasionally broad industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.