Allstate Financial Actuarial Summer Internship
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
To provide support to actuarial management in the implementation of procedures and to develop mathematical skills in handling data as a foundation for intermediate actuarial knowledge.
This is a 12 week long internship beginning in the Summer of 2017.
- Gather and Synthesize Routine Actuarial Data Relating to Pricing, Valuation, Experience Analysis or Product Development
- Use established objectives and procedures to gather and process actuarial related data
- Quantify data as directed
- Utilize available computer systems and sources in gathering data
- Maintain actuarial databases and files
- Process data as directed, learning compliance with insurance regulations and laws
- Develop Actuarial Knowledge and Skills
- Progress in SOA Exams
- Advance actuarial knowledge by studying actuarial topics
- Apply exam topics to work projects
- Meet requirements of Allstate Financial's Actuarial Career Program
- Perform Analysis of Routine Actuarial (and Related) Items and Data
- Gain knowledge of appropriate sources of data and when to use them
- Review and test data for reasonableness and accuracy
- Apply resolution of problems/discrepancies as they arise in projects
- Evaluate competitive industry data
- Communicate and Document Information
- Document problems, procedures, and analysis of data
- Create reports communicating actuarial data
- Compose standard correspondence such as routine memos, inquiries, or responses
- Attend and participate at meetings
- Working towards Bachelor's Degree with focus on Actuarial Science or a related area of study AND must be a full time student the semester following the internship
- At least 1 SOA exam preferred
- Microsoft Excel and Access and programming skills preferred
- Effective communication in working with others in everyday situations. Requires ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.