Entry Level Accountant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®. - Where good people build rewarding careers.
We'll help you make an impact through meaningful work. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Not only are we a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we offer a competitive salary with extensive benefits including:
- Ample opportunity for career movement across the enterprise
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible schedules with work/life balance
- Generous paid time off
- Diverse and inclusive work environment
This list is only the beginning. Find out what else Allstate has to offer!
The Accountant within Corporate Accounting & Reporting is responsible for executing the day to day activities of the team they are assigned to within the department. This supports the broader Corporate Reporting team that communicates the financial results of the Allstate Corporation and its subsidiaries to internal and external users (shareholders, analysts, governmental agencies, etc.). In addition, the accountant will work cross functionally to support Corporate Accounting to consolidate all field data and statistical transactions, complete monthly closing processes and report financial results.
The Accountant will be a key member of the team, responsible for the following items:
- Monthly close and related processing and analysis (e.g. account analysis, preparation of journal entries)
- Preparing and analyzing account reconciliations, including those related to accounting processes
- Completing SOX controls
- Preparing quarterly/annual statutory and/or GAAP financial statements and schedules/exhibits
- Preparing analytical schedules, analyzing variances, and providing analytical support based on internal customer requests
- Participating in process improvement projects
- Implementing, reporting and communicating the impact of business and accounting related initiatives on assigned processes and financial statements
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- 0-2 years of prior accounting and/or financial reporting experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Office
- Knowledge of SAP accounting system a plus
- General knowledge of GAAP
- Insurance knowledge a plus
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple customers and suppliers while consistently meeting required deadlines
- General knowledge of financial statement reporting and related analysis
- Ability to research, assemble and communicate findings to areas requesting analytical information
- Organizational and referencing skills related to work papers, financial statements and schedules
- Ability to work collaboratively on a team
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.