6 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate prides itself on delivering outstanding technical solutions to our internal and external customers. Putting our customers, agents and business partners first is the guiding principle for everything we do. At the heart of the delivery of all our projects is the Project Management Office and as we seek to grow the PMO footprint we are seeking experienced project managers to join our supplemental insurance team, Allstate Benefits, in Jacksonville, FL
In this role you will have full accountability for the successful delivery of projects/programs.
Key responsibilities of the role will include (but are not limited to):
- Directs strategic, enterprise level projects/program of the highest complexity and impact
- Delivers projects/programs
- Demonstrates mastery of best practices in project management and communication processes and contributes to the improvement of these processes at Allstate
- Demonstrates expertise in core project/program management competencies including initiation, planning, communication, risk, issue, stakeholder and vendor management
- Demonstrates leadership in problem solving, staff development and excels in interaction with leadership and stakeholders
- Demonstrates the uppermost levels of expertise of operating in challenging, ambiguous and complex situations
- Takes the lead role in highly pressurized situations when there is a need to communicate critical project information
- Mentors other project managers to raise the level of professional expertise within the PMO community and contributes to the overall PMO strategic direction
- Demonstrates leadership and takes full accountability and ownership for project/program scope delivery, on time and within budget and meeting or exceeding quality expectations
- Provide feedback on team member competencies and lead team members in a dotted-line/matrixed environment. Also be able to proactively plan staffing and make dynamic adjustments to maximize resource efficiencies and achieve project results
- Ownership and Commitment - Displays personal accountability for achieving the portfolio business goals and actively promotes PMO and ATSV strategy
Required Experience: Have minimum of 7 years IT project and program management experience in large (over $3 million and 15,000 hours) multiple technology environments and/or consulting experience in Technology Solutions Delivery. This person must have experience working with external vendors on these projects and have strong experience using MS Project or similar industry-wide formal project management tools.
Desirable Criteria: Managing projects in an Agile development environment; PMP Certification or Equivalent Certification (Preferred but not required); Previous experience in the insurance industry.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.