Investments Development Program
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate is a company that's transforming - and we need charismatic and innovative professionals for our Investments Development Program (IDP) - leaders who can help drive decisions as we evolve into the future. Are you up to the challenge?
The Allstate Investments Development Program is designed to build versatile leaders by providing cross-functional experience through three rotations within Investments at Allstate. Each rotation lasts one full year and aligns to the Investments organization. This approach builds business acumen and deep expertise that is imperative for successful at Allstate.
Participants will have the opportunity to jump-start their career within an area in which they want to focus through the following opportunities:
- Three 1-year structured rotations in different areas within Investments
- Rotations within each area could consist of the following: Trading, Risk, Research, Investments Finance, Real Estate and/or Private Equity
- Assignments that involve people, project, and change management along with client-facing work, operations, and strategy
- Two formal learning conferences each year with experiential learning opportunities and exposure to key leaders
- Formal mentoring relationships with experienced Allstate Leaders as well as a peer mentor during the program
- Opportunities to get to know our nonprofit partners and to volunteer within and outside of Allstate
- The program begins July 2017
- Rotation locations will be within our Home Office in Northbrook, Illinois
- Bachelor's Degree completed by Summer 2017
- Cumulative GPA of 3.5+
- Diverse backgrounds and experiences
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
- Significant relevant business experience via internships or campus preferred
- Extensive Leadership experience through extra-curricular activities, community involvement, or in the workplace
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.