Data Analytics Manager
7 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
ARS Data Analytics organization is responsible for building Advanced Analytics and Business Intelligence solutions/capabilities and contributing to Roadside Services Business objectives by identifying and developing growth and profitability opportunities that enable Allstate Roadside Services to generate profitable market share growth. Turn data into actionable insights and improve business performance. Identify the highest-value opportunities, source the most relevant & trusted data, apply world-class analytics and modeling, and drive data driven decisions across ARS business units.
ARS Analytics & Insights team embraces three key, interdependent components; Data, Analytics, and Insights that will make ARS drive better business decisions. The ARS Analytics & Insights team is responsible for performing extensive data analysis including; ARS data comprehension, collect data, describe data, explore data, and deriving the right insights. The core functions of ARS Analytics & Insights team are 1) Understand what the real business problem is, 2) Create an analytic plan with hypotheses, 3) Collect data, 4) Gather insights, and 5) Make recommendations
This job is responsible for sponsoring the design and implementation of highly complex technical and analytical solutions and reporting tools to solve very complex business problems. The individual develops innovative strategic solutions and conducts highly complex partner, operational and/or customer analysis that have a significant impact on the business. The Data Analytics Manager is responsible for conceptualizing the cutting edge analytical approaches, executing the high-volume complex advanced analytics services on an ongoing basis and developing the reusable solutions. The Data Analytics Manager needs to identify all of the possible data points to analyze and drive insights. Be a subject matter expert for assigned business unit and provide advice to business partners on the effective use of data and insights to make better business decisions.
- Applies demonstrated knowledge of how ARS businesses function and what it takes to for ARS to be successful
- Interprets and draws conclusions from business data, demonstrating an understanding of overall business needs and desires that apply to a project or effort
- Servers as a subject matter expert in assigned domain and effectively work with internal ARS business units, Partners and providers to deliver the Reports, Metrics, Insights, and self-service capabilities
- Collaborate with ARS business users and analyze and manage business performance metrics including Actual Time of Arrival (ATA), Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA), Average Handle Time (AHT), Severity, First Call Acceptance, Call Center performance, partner reporting, marketing channel effectiveness, sales analysis, customer experience, and processing the claims
- Perform an enablement role to facilitate Business Intelligence Developers and Data Scientists and in locating, understanding and selecting the appropriate ARS data and delivering the Reports, Metrics, Insights, Self-Service, and Models
- Translate business requirements and unstructured business issues into data analytic problems
- Maintain deep business domain expertise in the use of data sources and applications to conduct research and gather the business data & analytical requirements, research data, and perform data preparation
- Define, create, and maintain business Metadata, data mapping, and data lineage
- Bachelor's or Masters/MBA in a field such as Math, Business, Computer Science or Data Architecture
- Detailed knowledge of Roadside Network Operations in Insurance industry and a strong understanding of business processes, including business operations, business delivery models and business revenue models
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Applies highly advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle highly complex claims
- Provides highly advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- Works within highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Effectively communicate technical analyses and results to analytics leaders
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain technical data analysis results to business people and business processes, challenges and issues to technical people
- Excellent SQL skills, comfortable using a data access tool such as Toad, and Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience with BI tool such as Business Objects and Tableau
- Hands-on development of rich and complex information dashboards, reports and visualizations using Tableau
- Experience using SAS, R, SPSS or other programming language.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.