Senior Accounting Consultant
7 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Specialty Operations Finance works across multiple areas to provide critical information that drives optimal business performance. We recommend innovative solutions that guide strategies and improve operational results. Our work includes timely reporting, critical analysis and essential financial projections as we interface with business leaders across the organization.
- Coordination and preparation of external Statutory Schedule F and Penalty schedules and analysis, General Interrogatories, Notes and other statutory requirements, following proper accounting guidelines. Lead client contact with the IT department to incorporate new NAIC requirements into the Schedule F process including development of project requirements and UAT testing during various stages of the project. Assist statutory Schedule F company owners to resolution of issues to meet statutory due date requirements.
- Preparation of external GAAP reporting requirements and analysis related to Allstate's discontinued lines and coverage's including uncollectible reinsurance recoverable allowance.
- Monthly close preparation of various discontinued lines and coverage's segments including recording financials to the general ledger, analysis and issue resolution, general ledger account reconciliations and ownership.
- Prepare accurate and timely internal management reports and analysis including basic financial statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- Data gathering and balancing for various discontinued lines and coverage's IBNR studies and supporting Claim Reserves in the successful completion of these studies.
- Provide support for internal and external (Deloitte and Department of Insurance) audits.
- Manage moderately complex analysis projects addressing ambiguous business issues.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of processes.
- BA or BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, Business or related area of study
- CPA preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of financial analysis experience in an insurance company of Financial Services organization
- Advanced business knowledge (i.e. deep financial skills/flow of the numbers)
- Strong working knowledge of financial and accounting concepts
- Advanced analytical and financial model building skills
- Strong work ethic including the ability to follow-up, focus on details and take initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and drive for continuous improvement – personally and with work assignments.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, able to work effectively with employees both internal and external to the department.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required. Working knowledge of Power Point and Word.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in a team environment.
- Advanced time management skills and organization skills with the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.