Investments Accounting Senior Associate
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Investment Accounting Senior Associate of the Investment Finance Research Team is responsible for providing timely and accurate accounting research and analysis for investment instruments made by The Allstate Corporation, with a focus on both U.S.GAAP/SEC and Statutory reporting.
- Working cross-functionally with Front Office deal makers, Corporate Accounting, and Investment Finance to review and opine on the accounting and reporting impacts of an on-going pipeline of new investment strategies,
- Monitoring, researching, providing feedback, and ultimately implementing investment related GAAP and Statutory accounting and reporting guidance,
- Providing status, risk assessments, and performance metrics to various levels of management, as appropriate
- Working directly with Corporate Accounting Research to ensure all investment related accounting policies are documented.
- Researching investment related accounting and reporting questions that arise in day to day activities,
- Identifying improvements to processes and controls within Investment Finance, and
- Reviewing Company filings to ensure they are in compliance with regulations and address current strategies.
Additional responsibilities for the Investment Accounting Senior Associate will include:
Leads and/or participates on cross functional teams. Builds relationships and works collaboratively to troubleshoot issues that arise to come to a timely conclusion
Be a liaison between Investments and Corporate Accounting Research
Build strong internal relationships with leadership in other departments such as Investment Finance, Front Office Traders, Corporate Accounting, Corporate Accounting Research, Tax and Compliance to effectively troubleshoot issues and questions that arise in various research topics
Review company filings and ensure they are in compliance with regulations and take into account current strategies
Identify and assess significant risks and suggest remediation plans to management
Recognize gaps in processes, recommend holistic solutions, and executes process improvements
Provide status, risk assessments, and performance metrics to Manager and Senior Management, as appropriate
Define and communicate changing policies and procedures to ensure compliance3Clearly articulate point-of-view, taking into account the perspective of all related parties
- Helps direct team priorities and helps to foster a team environment
- 3-5 years of professional accounting/reporting experience, preferably with an investments, SEC reporting, and/or Statutory reporting focus.
- Advanced accounting knowledge, specifically investment related concepts (GAAP and Statutory) and reporting requirements.
- Insurance background a plus. Knowledge of the external marketplace, understanding of financial instruments and key terminology is essential.
- Accounting/Finance Degree required. CPA strongly preferred.
- Intermediate to advance Microsoft Excel and Outlook skills required. Access and SAP querying skills preferred.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills, ability to make sound decisions and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with strong initiative; professional demeanor and desire to learn
- Strong leadership; able to work effectively in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to assimilate complex topics quickly and work towards appropriate resolution
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing circumstances
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to all levels of staff, management, and Senior Management
- Exceptional customer service
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.