Software Asset Analyst
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The ITSM Process Team has overall responsibility for an IT Service Management process and will conduct the management and monitoring for the process effectiveness through the use of internal controls, metrics and reporting. These duties will be conducted in the normal course of operations through ITSM Process management activities, comparisons, reconciliations and other routine actions.
The Software Asset Consultant will help lead the efforts to develop, document, implement, and drive the activities around managing our IT Software Asset inventory and will conduct monitoring for process/Inventory accuracies through the use of internal controls, metrics and reporting. These duties will be conducted in the normal course of operations through management activities, comparisons, reconciliations and interpersonal relationship building across the enterprise. The Software Asset Technician will be responsible helping to set the Software Asset Management strategy and will work across multiple IT and Internal groups to ensure that the Software Asset Management approach is effectively managed and maintained from a governance and on-going operations perspective.
• Responsible for completion of software asset management compliance reconciliations and analysis
• Drives activities to ensure the accuracy and maintenance of the Software Asset Inventory and provide cost saving analysis for the business
• Identify process improvements and efficiencies while keeping costs at a minimum
• Lead efforts of the SA-CM Continuous Process Improvement Team
• ITIL v3 Foundations Certification preferred
• External Audit experience from a Tier I Software Company
• Software Asset Management Certifications (IAITAM, IBSMA preferred)
• Ability to communicate to all levels of management and articulate technical concepts to any audience
• Advanced understanding and implementation experience of Software Discovery Tools
• Attention to detail and the ability to formulate complex strategies to fit basic business needs
• Software Asset Management Repository and Configuration Management experience (ServiceNow a plus)
• Expertise in IBM, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP and Symantec licensing
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.