Investments Accounting Summer Internship
7 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Investments manages approximately $90 Billion of assets. Our goal is to provide sustainable, competitive, risk-adjusted investment returns and investment related services for the benefit of The Allstate Corporation. Investment performance for our portfolios has consistently provided excess returns for our customers, and we attribute that success in large part to the quality of our people. The size of the investment group exceeds 300 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including, fixed income, equities, private securities, commercial mortgages and derivative asset classes, as well as, finance and technology. We recognize that our employees are our ultimate advantage and we seek to attract and retain highly qualified individuals with strong academic backgrounds, a deep interest in investments and a desire to be challenged.
Areas of responsibility:Internship in Accounting, reporting; and other investment operations functions
The Position Responsibilities:
In alignment with corporate goals, specific responsibilities for Investments Accounting Intern will include:
- Analyze financial statements and prepare adjustments.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly investment reports to meet GAAP, Statutory requirements.
- Verify the investment system interface with the corporate general ledger and the data warehouse to ensure accurate accounting for investments.
- Work closely with other departments and assist in the processing and accounting for the investments.
At the summer intern level, the employee should demonstrate the following skill-set and/or characteristics:
- Pursuit of a Bachelor's Degree which reflects an interest in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or related area of study.
- Exhibits strong organizational skills - ability to perform tasks & achieve results independently and as part of a team, consistently meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple assignments effectively.
- Exhibits a strong work ethic with the desire to be challenged.
- Exhibits analytical skills - strong attention to detail, with the ability to critique and interpret data as well as formulate sound decisions.
- Solid interpersonal communication skills, including written and oral.
- No existing experience is required. A prior finance related internship is a plus.
- (computer skills needed to do the job) Excel, Word, Outlook
- Currently enrolled in a university/college program
Personal traits & requirements
The successful candidate must have the following personal and professional attributes which are consistent with the Company's stated values:
- Thrive on change and continuous improvement;
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals;
- Focus on exceptional customer service and drive innovation to create an atmosphere that supports new ideas and initiative;
- Strive for effective communication that results in teamwork, shared knowledge, and ideas;
- Contribute to the creation of a work environment where people from diverse cultures and backgrounds work together effectively;
- Be of unquestionable integrity, ethical and moral character;
- Deal effectively with ambiguity, change, and adapt appropriately to a range of situations;
- Demonstrate commitment to lifelong learning and personal development.
- Be willing to adhere to the following in order to ensure adherence to Allstate Investments compliance requirements and policies:
- Provide the Investments Compliance team with a list of investment accounts over which you have significant influence;
- Provide consent, through a signed statement, allowing Investments Compliance to receive duplicate confirmations of transactions in such accounts;
- Pre-clear through the Pre-Trade Clearing Process any personal security trades as will be further described upon employment. The Pre-Trade Clearing Process involves a check against a restricted security/issuer list, maintained by Investments Compliance, based on Allstate Investments' and Allstate's activities and dealings in the financial markets,
- Answer certain compliance questions regarding any affiliations with investment advisers, violations of state or federal securities laws, or actions taken against you by securities regulators and,
- Annually (and as otherwise required) confirm compliance with the Allstate Code of Ethics and the Allstate Investments Code of Conduct.
- Provide Investments Compliance with a complete report of their current securities holdings in which the employee has, or acquires, any direct or indirect beneficial ownership. An employee is presumed to be a beneficial owner of securities that are held by his or her immediate "family members" sharing the individual's household. Household family members include married or common-law spouses, domestic partners, partners defined by civil union and resident dependent children.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.