Experienced Litigation Casualty Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can't be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You'll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers' lives. We'll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you'll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you'll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Do you have a passion for helping others? Have an eye for detail? Do you have strong organizational and time management skills? Are you looking to accelerate your career at a renowned company?
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Experienced Litigation Casualty Adjuster in Lone Tree, Colorado!
Combine your skills of working with people and investigation!
As an Experienced Litigation Casualty Adjuster you are responsible for investigating complex and occasionally highly complex claims when an attorney is representing the injured party which typically will include: uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) claims in single or multi car accidents; Injury Casualty Soft Tissue (ICST), and represented- moderate or major claims; complex Commercial Property Liability (CPL) or extra-contractual liability claims; or specialized claims (e.g., business interruption, loss of income, E&O policies, etc.). The individual also handles claims involved in litigation, arbitration or mediation, coordinating with legal counsel and participating in depositions, hearings, trial, or arbitrations. The individual takes recorded statements, resolves loss of use claims, makes payments to appropriate parties, and negotiates and settles or refers bodily injury issues that cannot be resolved. The individual also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention while verifying coverage, investigating and determining liability, reviewing and determining damages, and negotiating and settling complex claims. The individual provides work guidance and direction to less senior employees and provides mentoring and coaching to the team.
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Determines and explains minimum coverage limits in complex and occasionally highly complex claims involving single or multiple claimants
- Sets initial reserve, updates reserve, documents rationale and claim summary notes
- Obtains photos and/or conducts scene investigation
- Takes recorded statements from claimants, insureds, witnesses, medical providers, etc., conducts investigations into complex and occasionally highly complex auto accidents, determines liability, and prepares summaries
- Evaluates and determines potential use of experts; reviews reports and selects the expert
- Determines claim value
- Reviews file to identify complex and occasionally highly complex potential legal issues
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles claims in accordance with business unit best practices
- Reviews medical reports in preparation for claims settlement evaluation
Compensation and other important information:
- Salary paid commensurate with related experience
- Excellent benefits starting on your first day of employment, including very generous Paid Time Off Days, 401K and Pension, health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience handling claims involved in litigation, arbitration or mediation, coordinating with legal counsel and participating in depositions, hearings, trial, or arbitrations especially desirable
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies general knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderately complex claims
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong organization skills and the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for helping others
- Persistence and the ability to work through and solve problems
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that's just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you'll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please see the notice regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.