Engle Martin is a leading national independent loss adjusting and claims management provider. We provide a comprehensive line of service offerings including commercial property, casualty, inland marine/cargo, heavy equipment and large loss adjusting, as well as TPA/claims management and subrogation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer offering competitive pay and benefits and an environment where teamwork, ongoing professional development, continuous improvement, and exceptional service are valued and rewarded.
We currently have an outstanding career opportunity for a field Senior Casualty Adjuster in Tampa or Orlando, FL. The incumbent manages all aspects of general liability claims in a variety of business classes, effectively determining and communicating the extent of loss or damage associated with each claim.
- Determines appropriate methods and extent of needed investigation for all assigned claims; conduct investigation primarily through field visits and phone contact, obtaining medical reports and, appraisals, conducting insured, witness and claimant interviews and/or statements, and completing site inspections or other necessary fact-finding methods to establish liability and proper coverage.
- Arranges medical examinations, contractors' estimates, and other specialists' appointments as necessary. Attends trials, arbitration, ADR and face-to face negotiations as required. Assists with monitoring quality of services rendered by appraisers, law firms, structured settlement vendors, rehabilitation vendors, and other experts; makes recommendations to client.
- Prepares accurate, clear, thorough, and concise reports and letters to insurance carriers, providing conclusions and recommendations.
- Follows established policies, procedures, and processes in preparing information, exercising sound judgment in applying these to potentially costly losses or involved situations.
- Maintains accurate, thorough field notes, journal entries, and time and expense records as required. Submits reimbursement reports in keeping with organization and client policies, procedures, and practices and with accepted industry standards. Applies knowledge of both time-and-expense and fee-for-service procedures, according to the stipulations of the agreement with the insurer.
- Baccalaureate degree in a related field preferred, or demonstration of equivalent experience with up to 5-10 years experience in related claims handling.
- Active license or ability to promptly obtain such in multiple jurisdictions.
- Ability to understand claims adjudication process.
- Knowledge of casualty claim law and jurisdictional issues.
- Skills in analyzing, interpreting, synthesizing, prioritizing, and reporting pertinent information and discerning the essential from the non-essential.
- Research and investigative abilities; negotiating, conflict resolution and persuasion abilities; sound written and oral communication skills, including skills in making client and public presentations.
THE ENGLE MARTIN WAY: TOGETHER, IMPACTING LIVES AND SERVING WITH PASSION.
Engle Martin & Associates is dedicated to providing a culture of care, compassion, and respect among its employees, clients, and business partners. We recognize and celebrate the value of our employees’ contributions through initiatives such as the peer-nominated EMpact award and development of The EM Way. We also believe that it is critical to invest in the personal and professional development of our employees; therefore, we provide training opportunities through Engle Martin University, encourage industry association involvement, and support professional designations and certifications. Additionally, Engle Martin is committed to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures through activities such as Kaizen events featuring cross-functional team representatives.
Engle Martin recognizes, too, that it’s our responsibility to be a good corporate citizen, not only inside our organization but also within the community. Our company applauds community outreach across the country through our local EMbrace teams and promotes giving back to our communities through corporate charitable donation and employee donation match programs.