Premium Auditor - Houston, TX
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Premium Auditor II
Premium Audit Manager
Premium Auditor II is responsible for providing timely, professional and consultative Premium Audit Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Visits accounts to conduct premium audits
- Investigate risk exposures, maintain claims and coding information during audit and make recommendations
- Follow through and assist accounts in maintaining their Premium Audit exposures
- Keep informed and stay abreast of current developments in Premium Audit by engaging in self study and participating in formal courses and seminars as required including, but not limited to NCCI WC Manual Rules, ISO Rules and PAAS bulletins
- Communicate all unusual or serious conditions affecting customer risk to internal and external customers
- Communicate with Underwriting to provide quality and accurate procedures on all accounts as required
- Communicate with the Audit Manager weekly
- Provide auditor support and training as needed
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION and WORK EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma Required
- Bachelors Degree in Insurance or other related field preferred
- 4+ years experience working in Premium Audit
- Associate in Premium Audit designation or APA 91 and APA 92 preferred
- Consultative skills and comprehensive knowledge in basic insurance principles, casualty/property/liability premium audit systems and underwriting experience required.
- Construction industry experience preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel
- Proven ability to work independently from a remote home based office with minimal supervision.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate with individuals at all levels both inside and outside of the company
- Strong organizational skills; ability to plan, coordinate work and audit visits
- Excellent presentation, problem solving and analytical skills
- Point System experience
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Advanced computer skills, MS Office (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to prioritize work in order to meet established deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of payroll taxes.
NORMAL WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL EXPECTATIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General office environment
- General sedentary work; employee will be able to sit for extended periods of time and work in front of a computer or on a telephone
- May lift up to 20 pounds
The information listed above is not intended to be construed as an employment contract, nor is it intended to state or imply an exhaustive list of duties to be performed by this employee or by this job title. Every employee at every level of the company is expected to perform additional duties or tasks as required by business need and requested by their Supervisor/Manager.