Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
This position investigates, adjusts and resolves third party bodily injury and property damage general liability claims that are submitted against residential homeowners policies. Some commercial assignments and medical payments claims may also be required.
- Communicate with insureds, claimants, witnesses, attorneys, and other carriers via telephone & written correspondence
- Communicate with internal personnel including legal and management, as well as carrier partners
- Take recorded statements
- Make liability and coverage decisions based on conclusions of investigation
- Direct counsel in the handling of various aspects of litigation while maintaining close expense control over their activities
- Travel to attend Alternative Dispute Resolution meetings as well trials when requested.
- College degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years experience handling claims.
- Licenses to be obtained in all states in which claims are handled, to be obtained within 60 days of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.