Compliance Analyst (St. Petersburg, FL)
2 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Our vision is to be the premier provider of property insurance in catastrophe exposed areas. All of our business practices and processes are carried out with the end in mind of achieving five foundations of our organization: Financial Stability; Products that Work; Superior Claims/Customer Service; Ease of Doing Business; and Fair Pricing. Our mission is to Keep the Promise® – to our policyholders, our agents, our shareholders and to our stakeholders.Summary of Position:
United Insurance Holdings Corp. currently has three insurance companies who are licensed to write in 18 states. The Compliance Analyst will be responsible for the preparation and filing of miscellaneous regulatory filings in the states in which we're licensed as well as with other regulatory agencies. They will ensure that we are aware of and meet all filing deadlines. The position will work closely with other team members and departments in ensuring all deadlines are met. We are looking for a bright, motivated individual who's an independent thinker, a quick learner, a self starter, and someone who's able to handle multiple tasks. This person should be organized and have effective time management skills.Duties and Responsibilities:
(Other duties may be assigned.)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual regulatory filings.
- Prepare monthly premium tax calculations, quarterly estimated premium tax payments and annual premium tax returns for all states in which the companies are licensed.
- Respond to inquiries from various state and regulatory agencies.
- Prepare annual escheat filings for all states.
- Assist in the filing of statistical data. This may include preparation of data, review/audit of data and/or submission of data.
- Assist in the preparation of reinsurance reports and ensure reports are filed in a timely manner and that we are billing for any balances due to the companies. Follow up with reinsurance partners to ensure balances are paid/received.
- Assist with audits, including preparing documents & answering questions.
- Work with various departments to complete filings and ensure that we are receiving data in a timely manner to meet our deadlines.
- In charge of maintaining the financial filing checklist. Work with other team members to ensure that filings, payments, etc. are submitted by the due dates. Research state and regulatory requirements to ensure we are aware of all required filings.
- Continual evaluation of controls and efficiencies. Work with other team members to improve automation and help gain efficiencies.
- Handle special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Organizational skills
- Effective time management
- Oral and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel (knowledge of Access preferred)
- Critical & analytical thinking skills
- Project Management
- Problem solving skills
- Personal work ethic
- Action oriented
- Self-directed and capable to work independently without day-to-day management
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years Statutory Accounting work experience.
- Requires knowledge of Windows environment, specifically Excel and Access.
- Demonstrated success in a fast paced team oriented environment.
Apply for Compliance Analyst (St. Petersburg, FL)
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly