Territory Director - Texas (Dallas/Fort Worth)
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Acuity is seeking a Territory Director in the Dallas/Fort Worth area to manage the profitability and production of Acuity products in an assigned geographic area or territory; to professionally promote and ensure that agents understand Acuity's products, programs, and services better than any other carrier; and, to understand present market conditions and competitiveness of other carriers and agencies in a given geographic area or territory.
- Construct detailed Sales outline for assigned territory, as well as, develop a comprehensive Sales Plan for independent agencies, with specific emphasis on production and profitability and be able to communicate areas of emphasis/improvement to agency principals, managers, agents, and producers to maximize effectiveness of Acuity products
- Present Continuing Education seminars ranging from topics such as Additional Insureds, Claims, Commercial Lines, Contractors, Manufacturing, Personal Lines, and Trucking
- Present for appointment those agencies who have ability to produce profitable volume and fit the profile of professional ACUITY agents; in addition, continually review agencies for potential termination due to volume, unprofitable production, or lack of sustained viability of the Acuity contract
- Identify and train new agents/CSR’s on Acuity products and services
- Study competitiveness of carriers and affiliated agencies in each city, county, and state to determine adequate market share
- Generate agency attendance at the annual Acuity Sales meeting
- Identify programs and obtain product information from other carriers, as needed, to determine competitive advantages and disadvantages of Acuity
- Personally handle and communicate problems that may be presented by the agency with various departments at the Home Office
- Attend periodic Sales meetings, including, but not limited to: Acuity Annual Meetings, Underwriting Workshops, and Annual Agency Reviews
- Handle Accounting issues on a monthly basis to verify past due balances and determine appropriate action to be taken
- Monitor usage of report ordering (ChoicePoint) on a monthly basis for every agency and communicate problems/abuses to both the agency and Home Office for possible resolution
- Coordinate Underwriter visits to agency to better improve efficiency and relationship between Agency and Underwriting
- Prepare, in advance, weekly itinerary for agency visits to address production, loss ratio, submission quality and activity, and any other general agency issues or concerns
- Actively pursue any insurance-related designations that might further enhance your ability to perform in the Territory Manager capacity, including, but not limited to: CIC, CPCU, CRM, AU, etc
- Working knowledge of Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel recommended
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Four-year degree from accredited college or university
Five years of insurance, of which three years were served in the field and/or served in a Personal Lines or Commercial Lines Underwriting capacity
- Well motivated, enthusiastic, and knowledgeable in wide range of Property/Casualty products
- Willing to travel and capable of working long hours; as needed (including possible extended overnight stays)
- Working background of Independent Agent System
This position is classified as exempt.