At Progressive, our diverse group of more than 26,000 talented professionals come from all walks of life and all fields of business— spanning six large corporate offices and hundreds of smaller claims and legal offices around the country.
Whether it's the pride of working for a successful, Fortune 200 Company or the enjoyment of experiencing a unique work environment every single day—you'll soon find out there are a lot of perks to working here.
Progressive is a place where innovation and collaboration are a way of life, where hard work is celebrated and rewarded, where you can see what you're truly made of … and love what you do.
Join a place where innovation and creativity are a way of life — and love what you do.
Why Progressive? We're a company that doesn't stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits and exceed expectations. As a member of our IT group, you'll have the opportunity to work on market-changing projects in a dynamic, collaborative environment where innovative thinking is encouraged. Also enjoy competitive compensation, a first-class benefits package and generous relocation assistance.
The Enterprise Resource Organization (ERO) is looking for highly motivated Software Developers to deliver client server solutions across all of Progressive's business areas. In this role you will be responsible for coding in a wide variety of technology supporting web and backend systems. Solutions are developed in a fast paced, agile-like methodology which requires exceptional collaboration skills in an open work environment. This role requires you to learn quickly during project onboarding to gain working knowledge of Progressive applications and their frameworks.
As an ideal candidate you will have experience working with the .NET development tools including the .NET Framework, ASP.NET and C#. Ideally, you will have a strong understanding of Iterative Development and knowledge of good Unit Testing practices. If you have dabbled in creating or updating web pages as part of other job responsibilities then this could be a good opportunity for you!
The knowledge, skills and abilities needed for success include:
· Bachelor's Degree in an Information Technology or related field (e.g., Computer Science, Software Engineering) and minimum two (2) years of related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs and applications
· In lieu of a degree, minimum of four (4) years related work experience designing, programming, and supporting software programs or applications may be accepted
· Knowledge of computer coding/programming languages and software development concepts
· Knowledge of data structures, data management practices, system interaction patterns and interfaces
· Basic knowledge of vendor software integration and interaction patterns
· Technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem solving skills
· Organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects and/or assignment simultaneously
· Ability to analyze data from various sources and determine next actions
· Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
· Listening, verbal and written communications skills
· Ability to adapt to new situations and learn quickly
· Ability to research and find technology solutions and maintain awareness of emerging technology
As the fourth largest auto insurance company, Progressive offers the confidence and stability that comes with working for a growing, always evolving organization. As an employee, you will enjoy an inclusive environment that embraces strategic thinking, drive and passion. You'll also benefit from:
· Annual Gainshare bonus. Progressive rewards each of us with an annual bonus based on company performance
· Paid training, tuition assistance and career development
· Diverse, welcoming culture with Employee Resource Groups
· Casual dress (yes, you can wear jeans to work!)
· Wellness program with discounts & rewards, and onsite gym at our large locations
· Onsite healthcare at large locations and the standard benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k)
Relocation assistance to Northeast Ohio available; learn more about all Cleveland has to offer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56p2ENKC1Bw
Showcase your unique skills and technical prowess at a company named to the CIO 100 and InformationWeek 500 lists!
Apply now and find out what it's like to be valued for the talent and passion you invest in all that you do.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when applying with us:
· You'll be asked for information around your employment history and educational background
· After applying, you are able to monitor your status in the recruiting process on your profile
· A recruiter will contact you by email or phone if you are under consideration for a current position
· Some positions require candidates to meet company requirements on our online assessment test
· Candidates must pass a comprehensive background check
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Progressive generally does not sponsor foreign national candidates for work authorization except for positions that in Progressive's determination require highly specialized knowledge and for which candidate sponsorship is appropriate.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-Mayfield Village
Employee Status: Regular