Claims Specialist - MPL
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
ProAssurance is a leading health-centric specialty insurance writer, providing insurance solutions in healthcare liability, life sciences and medical device liability, workers compensation, legal professional liability and alternative risk transfer. We are seeking a highly motivated Claims Specialist in our Las Vegas office to join our team!
In this position, you will manage assigned claims including claims investigation, coverage analysis, monitoring defense counsel activities, control of legal expenses, reserving, and providing technical expertise.
We offer a benefits package that allows you to manage your health, wellness, and financial future. We will foster your learning, support your endeavors, and encourage your growth.
As our Claims Specialist, you will:
- Provide direction and guidance throughout the life of the claim.
- Participate in review processes to evaluate liability, case value, and reserving functions.
- Direct defense counsel with regard to settlement values, defense tactics and strategies.
- Participate in negotiations when appropriate.
- Attend trials, settlement conferences, mediations, and insured meetings.
- Participate in selection of expert witnesses when appropriate.
- Ensure proper file documentation of assigned files.
- Willingness and ability to be available beyond normal business hours; extensive travel may be required.
In the role, you must be a passionate individual who demonstrates outstanding customer service skills with internal and external customers.
- Bachelor degree required. Advanced degree/certification in the medical/legal/insurance field a plus
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the claims, medical, or legal field (paralegal)
- Professional liability insurance experience also preferred.
- Proven leadership, communication, and writing skills, strong interpersonal, and relationship management expertise.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks effectively.
- Valid driver’s license required
ProAssurance Exists to Protect Others by providing solutions for the risks our customers encounter as healers, innovators, employers and professionals.