Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Specialist
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
- create and lead organizational capability proactively responding to opportunities, or threats;
- improve risk adjusted capital, risk profile and operating performance; identify, assess, prioritize and lead to actionable strategies/initiatives those risks, threats and opportunities of what is transpiring in the world around us while further correlating those potential opportunities and impacts to our industry and company;
- be accountable for full compliance with ERM and ORSA laws and regulations;
- create Business Continuity and Corporate Incident Response approaches ensuring preparedness and seamlessly responding to events that may impact normal operations.
Key capabilities for success include:
- ability to work collaboratively, lead and influence at all levels within organization; ability to challenge/influence organizational thinking while creating a positive atmosphere; consulting services skills to work with business leaders to continuously improve their organizations;
- highly effective communication and project management skills; manage multiple projects with strong time management and prioritization skills;
- demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills; independent research skills – development of conclusions and recommendations based on such; ability to demonstrate a high degree of initiative, intellectual curiosity, and analytical rigor.
- BA, business or risk related field;
- 5 to 7 years combined experience in financial reporting, risk management, internal audit, or similar role preferably within P&C insurance industry;
- practical experience with ERM implementations and ORSA;
- one professional designation in insurance, or risk management field (CPCU, MBA, ARM), or progress toward designation.