Director, Major Case Unit (MCU)
- Career Level
DIRECTOR, MAJOR CASE UNIT
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group is a regional insurance operation offering commercial property casualty coverage in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Named one of the Best Places to Work in Insurance since 2010, our employee centric culture encourages open communication and facilitates outstanding career opportunities.
We currently have an opening for a Director, Major Case Unit located in our Richmond, VA office. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurial thinking, we’d like to hear from you!
PRINCIPAL OBJECTIVES OF POSITION
The incumbent provides strategic and daily operational Claims leadership for the Major Case Unit, including a vision for and execution of industry best practices for MCU claims handling and related programs. Assures claims performance of the Major Case Unit is sound technically and financially, including leadership of case reserving practices and performance. Develops plans for achieving corporate goals and objectives. Leads knowledge sharing and interactions with other departments related to claims handled in the Major Case Unit.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of ten years of specialized experience with complex Commercial Auto and General Liability claims and litigation.
- Previous supervisory experience of claims staff handling complex Commercial Auto and General Liability claims and litigation.
- Collaborative executive who can lead both the technical function as well as company culture.
- 4-year college degree with concentration in business, law, public administration, or insurance. Advanced industry designations such as AIC or CPCU preferred. Law degree not required, although may supervisor staff with law degrees.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Computer proficiency, working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Leads development and achievement of corporate goals and performance objectives for the Major Case Unit.
- Directly manages MCU claim specialists (currently 3 in two separate company locations), including daily supervision, file reviews, case discussions, analysis, case strategy, reporting, and authority requests.
- Establishes best practices for MCU claims, including responsibility for the efficiency and effectiveness of claims handling and related processes.
- Administers an effective Quality Assurance program for claim representative performance.
- Develops, executes and maintains monitors and controls related to case reserving accuracy and timeliness.
- Identifies and implements effective MCU claim programs. Selects and manages related vendor service levels and performance.
- Monitors emerging issues in the Casualty line of business; attends industry meetings and conferences as necessary and appropriate; assures staff is trained appropriately on new developments.
- Act as a liaison with other departments and affiliated companies on MCU claim matters, including a close working relationship with Underwriting and Actuarial.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
OTHER RECOMMENDED ACTIVITIES/REQUIREMENTS
- Serves as a member of the Claims Management Team responsible for overall department management and coordination.
- Participates in BMAG cross-functional teams as assigned.
- Routine travel as appropriate to other company office locations, and occasionally to non-company locations for meetings or events.