Claims Adjuster - Catastrophe Property Waco, Texas
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
***This is a Catastrophe position within Texas. Additional hours may be required.***
The job of processing claims after a catastrophe is a challenging one. Chaos is usually the rule rather than the exception with the potential for spotty electricity, road closures and generally limited amenities. Policyholders may be emotionally devastated due to the loss of their home, cars and other personal, irreplaceable belongings. This position requires an individual who can remain cool under pressure in stressful situations. Additionally, this person should be knowledgeable, organized and dedicated to the customer service aspect of taking care of our policyholders and their claims as quickly and painlessly as possible.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
This is a specialized position for handling catastrophe losses and will require frequent travel (up to 75%) throughout Texas.
Responsible for the investigation and settlement of all classes of property claims through personal, telephone and written correspondence with insured(s), witnesses, professional experts, law enforcement, governmental agencies, attorneys, and others. The required field investigations are conducted to prepare the claims for disposition including taking of statements, estimating property or physical damage and securing all pertinent information available. Investigates all assigned property claims through onsite inspections, contact with insureds, professional experts, and other interested parties.
Develop files that accurately and thoroughly document claim information for particular files within the policy and procedural guidelines established by management. Evaluates and negotiates fair settlements, through tactful application of human relationship skills, based on coverage, investigation, exposure, experience and judgment.
Skills & Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of two years property claims experience. Additional claims experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
- Must be able to travel frequently (up to 75%) for extended periods of time (up to 21 consecutive days) within the state of Texas.
- Must be able to work remotely and independently with little or no supervision.
- Must be able to work in highly stressful situations as part of a major catastrophe claims process.
- Ability to climb steep, high roofs, maneuver around in attics and crawl spaces, and engage in strenuous physical activity on an occasional basis.
- Must be bondable.
- All-Lines or Property & Casualty Adjuster License issued by the Texas Department of Insurance is required.
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License and the ability to drive catastrophe vehicles as needed.
Apply for Claims Adjuster - Catastrophe Property Waco, Texas
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly