Claims Adjuster - PIP
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The PIP adjuster is responsible for the proper investigation and handling of all assigned Florida PIP exposures from inception to closer. Caseload will consist of claims requiring investigative skills to resolve typical non standard auto claims coverage and qualification issues.
Job Duties-Essential Function:
- Initial contact with insured and providers / attorneys to determine coverage and all PIP exposures.
- Timely payment of PIP benefits owed.
- Thorough investigation of all coverage issues and PIP qualification.
- Maintain current status on diary reviews.
- Establish the proper reserves and monitor for proper medical management as needed.
- Meet and maintain general file handling goals and procedures as outlined by the company.
- Evaluate medical claims for potential fraud issues and loss control in accordance with the policy terms, and state regulations – work closely with SIU as necessary.
- Education: Bachelors Degree and/ or 3+ years Florida automobile PIP claims experience required.
- Valid and current Florida license required.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- A high degree of motivation and team orientation.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Strong ability to identify fraud red flags in a non-standard environment.
- CPT coding certification a plus.
AssuranceAmerica Managing General Agency, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you believe you are the best fit for this position and are ready to take your career to the next level, please apply online!