Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
The Sarasota, FL office of Brown and Brown Insurance is searching for a Personal Lines Insurance Advisor to expand our current service team. An ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years as FL licensed 2-20 agent and experience in new business and retention.
- Discuss with potential clients proper coverage placement including preparing quotes and applications for new policies based on department procedures
- Meet & communicate with client & carriers as needed to properly manage account.
- Contact clients to discuss opportunities for additional lines of business
- Provide renewal direction to assigned clients regarding market stability and possible transfer of coverage to alternate existing carriers
- Review and process newly issued policies in accordance with department procedures Submit endorsement requests to carriers (or process on line) as necessary
- Handle claims for all assigned clients in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Maintain system activities for all assigned accounts.
- Follow up with new commercial accounts to discuss PL opportunities
- Visit select RE offices to promote Brown & Brown Personal Lines (PL) services.
- Coordinate “Meet & Greet” or other promotional/presentation sessions with existing commercial Condo/Home Association accounts to help solidify relationship and generate NBS for the PL Department
- FL 2-20 License
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a FL licensed 2-20 agent working in personal insurance products
- Highly motivated
- Interested in sales & marketing and has excellent communication skills
- Independent agency experience preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.