Claims Service Representative
- Career Level
- Entry Level
About us: Berkley North Pacific offers a full array of commercial property and casualty coverage designed to meet the unique needs of businesses throughout the Pacific Northwest. Our offices in Seattle, Washington and Boise, Idaho serve our independent agents located throughout five states: Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Utah and Montana.
We are a member of the W.R. Berkley Corporation, providing coverage through WRBC member companies with financial ratings of “A+ Superior."
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package that includes profit-sharing, medical/dental/disability/life insurance, company-paid education programs, tuition reimbursement, and more. Named a Best Place to Work in Insurance by Business Insurance Magazine for three years running, we strive to create an environment where employees have the tools, support, and opportunities to reach their fullest potential.
Position Summary: As a Claims Service Representative, you will investigate and resolve high-frequency, low-severity commercial property and casualty claims in a prompt, equitable manner. You will also assist Claim Representatives in providing prompt, courteous, accurate service.
Specific duties include
- Examines policies, contracts and claim forms to determine coverage. Investigates loss, evaluates exposures, establishes accurate reserves and negotiates settlement on high-frequency, low-severity claims within established authority level. Re-evaluates exposures and reserves during life of the claim.
- Provides customer service and administrative assistance through duties relating to phone, fax, and incoming/outgoing correspondence and forms. Maintains various claim logs and ISO diaries. Pulls claims files as requested
- Answers general calls received through main company number. Assists caller or directs call to appropriate claims staff
- Performs administrative functions for the Claims Department, including data entry tasks such as coding, reserving, loss and expense payments and closings
- Correctly enters claim data into claim and related systems for reporting purposes.
- Enters recovery checks into claims system and reviews monthly.
- Evaluates, assigns, extracts or inputs data (sets up new claims)for new claims received by Claims department