Analyst - Filings
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
Berkley Mid-Atlantic Group is a regional insurance operation offering commercial property casualty coverage in Delaware, the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky and Pennsylvania. Named one of the Best Places to Work in Insurance since 2010, our employee centric culture encourages open communication and facilitates outstanding career opportunities. We currently have an opening for a Filings Analyst in our Richmond, VA office. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment that rewards excellence and encourages entrepreneurial thinking, we’d like to hear from you!
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create state-specific rate, rule, and form filings for new rate and/or product introduction; submit to various regulatory authorities
- Work with Corporate Line of Business Managers with respect to defining target accounts, bureau changes and resulting impact on product offerings.
- Modify existing rate, rule, and form filings. Prepare and submit filings to various regulatory authorities.
- Coordinate the preparation of all supporting data and attachments, submit via SERFF, respond to inquiries, and track all rate, rule, and form state filings as required by underwriting and actuarial teams.
- Maintain and format internal online reference library pages.
- Build and maintain various Excel rating tools utilized by rating and underwriting.
- Monitor and analyze insurance rate organizations’ circulars, State Insurance Department notices and current industry information to determine the impact on Berkley Mid-Atlantic's programs and our regulatory compliance.
- May schedule and participate in rate review meetings; may be responsible for coordinating on-line meeting services and conferencing for remote attendees.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ideal candidate will be detail oriented and self-motivated with excellent communication and organizational skills. Candidate will be expected to work both independently and also as part of a team and have an understanding of rate development and profitability initiatives. Strong PC skills with experience in Microsoft Windows and Office applications and analytical ability are required.
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, ratios, fractions, proportions and percentages.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.