Appraiser - Auto Damage Claims
- Career Level
- Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Appraiser investigates, evaluates and appraises damaged automobiles of varying condition and settles this portion of the claim within an authorized dollar limit. Responsibilities include:
- Desk reviews appraisals costs for parts, materials and labor necessary to restore vehicles to their pre-damaged condition.
- Provide claims personnel with expert advice on vehicle repair, parts costs, garage expertise and opinion on whether specific damage is related to particular accident.
- Review claims personnel in determining when a damaged vehicle should be classified as a total loss.
- May assist in the training of staff and evaluation of staff, independent and Direct Repair Program shops.
- Complete Direct Repair Programs re-inspections, supplements as warranted to verify damage or confirm repairs are completed.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in an Appraiser position with experience in Appraising and Estimating
- Knowledge of Audatex/Autosource estimating systems
- Good communication skills. Bilingual - English and Spanish preferred.