Auto Claim Examiner
BASIC FUNCTION AND SCOPE:
This position is responsible for reviewing, investigating, evaluating, negotiating and the processing of first and third party commercial auto claims for our Environmental division which are generally larger and more complex with an authority level up to $100,000.
- Complete coverage analysis
- Conduct the necessary investigation, either by phone, or through independent adjusters, to determine coverage, liability and damages.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and settle first party physical damage, third party property damage and severe and/or complex bodily injury claims within authority granted, or seek authority for those claims in excess of authority.
- Resolve coverage disputes with insureds and agents
- Prepare coverage opinion letters
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 7 years relevant industry auto claim handling experience
- Multi state experience required
- Strong negotiation skills
- Some adjuster licenses required
- Strong litigation skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Some travel required for attendance at mediations, settlement conferences, etc.
Apply for Auto Claim Examiner
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly