- Career Level
- Not Specified
At American National we put our core values of financial strength, integrity, respect, service and teamwork at the heart of everything we do. If you share these values and would like to grow your career at a strong, respected company, here's an opportunity for you.
American National is seeking a Web Consultant for our League City, TX location.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Resolve problems in a production environment and extend functionality within current web-based applications
- Develop new solutions and systems
- Understand how and when to incorporate technologies to provide the very best service in response to business needs
- Acquire and assimilate knowledge about current systems both to understand the relationship to business needs and objectives and to understand the dependencies between systems
- 5 to 10 years of experience in web-based software development environments and demonstrated ability in J2EE development
- Experience with Rational Application Developer, Websphere Application Server & Websphere Portal Server.
- Bachelors' degree in MIS, CIS or Computer Science preferred
- Strong written, verbal, customer service and analytical skills are necessary
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with constant change in a more than satisfactory manner
American National was started in 1905 in Galveston, TX, and also has offices in League City, TX, Springfield, MO, and Albany, NY. We offer life, accident and health insurance; property/casualty insurance for personal lines, agribusiness and targeted commercial businesses; and retirement, annuities and pension plan products.
We're committed to our employees and clients alike. If you want a long, rewarding career, if you want a chance to be a part of something big and if you want to make a difference in people's lives, then we want to hear from you.