LEADER- Underwriting department
- Career Level
Underwriting Department Leader/Commercial Lines- St Louis area
IDEAL for Insurance professional with C Suite career path aspirations!
This is a TOP opportunity for an individual with Underwriting and Business Development leadership background to join a growing organization and take them to the next level! They are a part of an organization that is A+ Bests rated with more than $4 Billion in surplus.
Our top client is looking for an Insurance Professional with a proven track record of growing business and leading/mentoring staff in the Commercial Lines Property/Casualty business. You will report to an SVP and lead an Underwriting staff of twelve with two Direct management reports. ** Please note our client is doing succession planning and so candidates with the background/skills/abilities and desire for Senior Executive career path please consider this one! NEED CPCU OR working to attain
As the Underwriting Department Leader- Commercial Lines, you will have the opportunity to showcase your leadership while establishing a solid foundation with our client.
- Work closely with Senior Management to make key decisions affecting risk,and profitable growth
- Guide underwriters to deliver timely, high quality, and profitable products and services.
- Recommend/implement changes to improve productivity, growth, profitability, and quality of book of business
- Collaborate on underwriting guidelines and ensure compliance with underwriting rules
- Handle difficult underwriting inquiries through direct personal action
- Coordinate and participate in underwriting training programs
- Monitor and inform business units of industry trends
- Promote and manage positive working relationships between Underwriting and Sales to grow business
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent work experience.
• 5-8 plus years of related work experience in Commercial Property/Casualty Insurance Underwriting and leadership.
• Proficient knowledge of assigned product line insurance concepts and terminology.
• Previous management and successful record of achievements in Business Development
• Completion of insurance courses such as IIA and CPCU preferred.
• Analytical ability to identify, evaluate and develop procedures for specific problem resolution.
• Effective human relations and communication skills.
• Occasional travel to meet with Sales/Business Development leaders in the field
Benefits and more!
• Competitive Compensation
• Group Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
• 401 (K) plan
• Generous Paid-Time Off Plan - including personal holidays/PTO
• Educational support for related courses, paid by company
About our client:
Our client has many very loyal customers in their specialty niche, many of them have been insured by this company for more than 25 years. Their employees enjoy working in a very positive and pleasant environment. Many employees are long tenured and this position is only available due to a relocation.
Our fine client's parent is one of the STRONGEST mutual insurance companies in the country! They are rated A+ by AM Best and offer a full line of property, casualty and life insurance products to protect businesses, cars, homes, lives and retirement incomes. They are growing organically and through acquisition.
They offer an excellent benefit package, are proponents of a balance between your work and life! Don't miss this one-